Our client is now recruiting for a User Acceptance Testing Coordinator. You will be directly reporting to the User Acceptance Testing Manager
- With direction, implements policy and contributes to the attainment of business results to implement the approved UAT Test Plan
- Preparing initial high level view of the UAT Schedule/Sprint cycles
- Writing UAT plan documents for each project they are coordinating (including a detailed schedule)
- Manage and coordinate the UAT preparation stage of the project
- Ensuring business requirements are (SMART) specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and testable
- Working closely with the Business Analyst community to understand the E2E Business Process and how use cases will be developed
- Understanding and have full appreciation of requirements traceability
- Work with Business analysts and business users and development teams to ensure the risk based assessments are undertaken
- Ensure environment requirements are clear in the UAT plan
- Assisting the Testing Manager with estimating timescales and effort
- Working with the Business Analyst to document test data requirements and arranging these requirements with the relevant parties. And where not available raising the relevant risks with the Test Manager/Project manager
- Run entry criteria meetings, document the outcome and communicate to Project Manager any outstanding items
- Coordinate the test execution phase in conjunction with the sprints/project plan
- Providing clear and definitive management reports at the end of each day’s execution so that all key stakeholders have a full understanding of the status of UAT and any issues identified.
- Write test exit reports on behalf of the business
- Make recommendation of improvements to the UAT process through lessons learnt and defect root cause analysis sessions
- Provide meeting notes and minutes for all meetings arranged and to ensure actions arising from those meetings are followed up until they are closed.
- Liaising with other departments in relation to UAT.
- Assist with the creation of defects in accordance with the defect management plan
- Attend (when required) daily defect triage meeting and look to explain the defects that they have found.
- Assist the business analysts to agree defect severity and priority during defect triage sessions
- Running workshops/sessions with users who may have little or no testing experience
- Formulating and expanding Test Use Cases/Test Scenarios (some new and some from existing use cases/test scenarios)
- Participate in lessons learnt workshops post UAT
- Participate in ‘Defect Root Cause Analysis’ workshops i.e. post UAT
- Anticipates and manages stakeholder expectations, and represents the interests of other stakeholders
- Exhibits high energy, understands issues within team
- Gains a clear understanding of others’ point of view by listening, asking clarifying questions and reflecting back; encourages and facilitates open and honest debate with tact and integrity, even where sensitive issues are involved
- Articulates or translates complex information in clear, meaningful and structured way to suit audience
- Builds effective working relationships with project teams, delivery partners and works well with external partners
- Acts as an expert across on projects guiding the SME’s on their testing activates
- Coordinates and executes testing plans, working with members of the project teams and business.
- Proactively highlight delivery challenges to the UAT and Project managers
- Ensure UAT team are fully focused on delivery (including providing feedback for continuous improvements to how the work is managed).
- Challenges designs to innovative business solutions to realise agreed business requirements
- Deliver UAT on time and aligned to the agreed business expectations
- Highlights and recommends creative solutions options, weighing risk/reward
- Foster a strong sense of community within our global team
- Provide coaching and support for business SME’s involved in testing to further their knowledge testing in-line with best practice approaches
- Strive to improve how we work. Develop and introduce new approaches to UAT – be the pilots and trailblazers across the bank,
- Embed efficient and sustainable ways of working with cross functional teams and develop required skills within Transformation to support them effectively
- Share our learning and knowledge to enhance delivery excellence
- Make Transformation a great place to work that is continually looking to evolve
- Champion our vision and principles - contribute to improving our function, making it a better community and place to work for our people.
- Stakeholder complexity –UAT Coordinators will need to challenge poor requirements and design decisions. They will often attend meetings or workshops where reviews take place.
- Multi-disciplinary – UAT Coordinators need to be able to review/write/execute testing plans that encompass all aspects of the delivery (customer, people, process, policy, technology - system, data, infrastructure, etc).
The jobholder has a high level of flexibility to consult with the business at all levels. They will need to have the ability to work closely with and build good relationships with IT, Operations, and with other delivery partners and Global Functions. The jobholder is expected to successfully undertake coordination of the UAT activities on a project
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks and likelihood of operational risk occurring. This will be achieved by reviewing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of the impact of new processes.. Solutions must comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements - albeit that inherent in the role is the requirement to challenge our interpretation of these requirements to ensure that we take a commercial approach to their implementation.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- Knowledge of different testing methodologies
- Good working knowledge of Agile ways of working and best practice techniques
- Knowledge of the defect management lifecycle and the best practice that should be undertaken
- Understanding of the importance UAT brings to a project
- Knowledge of test management tools such as QC and Jira
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc
- Knowledge of banking finance systems
- Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural diverse work environments
- Strong analytical background and proven ability in analytical rigor, including being able to contextualise data into business activities and conclusions
- Working within financial industry and the systems used by staff
- Supporting and mentoring business teams to aid them in undertaking of UAT activities
- Reviewing and providing feedback on key project documentation such as requirements, use cases, technical specifications, procedural documents
- Creating scenarios and scripts from requirements documents and discussions with SME’s
- Scoping of scenario/scripts to ensure suitable coverage for UAT
- Defect management within the tools QC and Jira
- Traceability of scripts to the requirements
- Creation of Test plans and completion reports
- Creation of reports including progress v plan, defect stats and written summary of progress and challenges
- Working with Development teams and Business Analyst to discuss defects etc
- Raising and managing risks around testing
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Ability to leverage resources available to achieve goals
- Outstanding organisational and planning skills
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to articulate defects taken from the language of business to something the IT teams will understand
Qualifications and Accreditations
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation qualification in testing