Responsibilities and duties
? Support the Director to drive / optimize value creation in portfolio companies.
• Identify portfolio company value creation opportunities through consistently refreshed shareholder opinions / value creation plans
• Act as key interface in relationship with portfolio companies (Board / exec team) to drive value creation plans to execution
• Ensure CLIENT decision rights (according to DoA) are executed
• Identify portfolio company synergies and oversee implementation
? Regularly monitor asset performance and mitigate potential issues
• Conduct regular performance review of portfolio companies
• Ensure that companies are on track vs. plan on key topics
• Identify, mitigate and escalate potential issues
Drive decision on implications of hold / sell for asset
? Research and assist Director to develop sector strategies & detailed sector screens
• Develop sector strategies / CLIENT point of view on sector and on latest relevant trends / investable themes
• Develop detailed sector screens to identify most attractive opportunities for investment
? Coordinate with M&A on deal origination for new strategic investments
• Engage with sector ecosystem and build strong network with relevant stakeholders
• Execute on deal transactions in collaboration with M&A team; heavily contribute on all sector specific / commercial topics (e.g., commercial diligence)
? Supervise the Associates in their work on supporting all deal executions
? Support other cross-sector projects as required by the Chief Strategic Assets Officer
? Prepare information and support on all reporting for the Sector Director as required by CLIENT’s CEO and CIO’s.
? He / She should support the operations of CLIENT’s Investment team, as requested.
? He / She should assist in the preparation of periodical reports to the Investment Committee.
? Adhere to industry practices and policies.
? Coach and mentor UAE nationals, especially in relation but not limited to the Investments Department.
Skills and background
? Masters degree in Economics, STEM or other relevant fields
? Relevant professional certificates an advantage.
Background and experience
? 10 years’ experience in sector experience in similar role in industry, or managerial position in investment/consulting (relevant to sector)
? Demonstrated experience and success in M&A (e.g. corporate M&A)
? Fluency (oral/written) in Arabic is an advantage (dependent on portfolio companies in sector)