Our client is now recruiting for a Senior Project Manager, MENAT. You will be directly reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, MENAT.
Based in Dubai, this is a new role being Senior Project Manager in Finance for a period of nine months. The role holder will have exposure to senior management (UAE, Region and Group) and multiple internal and external stakeholders (including the Regional CFO/CRO, lines of business and Risk).
The purpose of the role is to:
- extend support to Finance System Operations team in the requirement to deliver reporting solution for UAE Central Bank reporting. This includes maintaining end to end project plan, complete project governance documentation and status updates.
- The role holder will not only be required to support the governance and reporting of the status of the project plan but also be involved in creating test plans and completing UAT activities along with other team members.
- Flexibility with using skills and experience of Financial reporting, project management and willingness to assist in adhoc requests is a key requirement for the role holder
Impact on the Business/Function
- Working with the teams across Finance create and document the project implementation plan
- Produce governance documentation and provide regular status updates
- Creation of test plans
- Support UAT activities and resolve defects
- Customers / Stakeholders
- Develop relationships with various internal stakeholders, to ensure understanding of the objectives and scope of the programme, and commitment to deliver
- Work with Finance System Operations teams, and Regulatory Reporting team to secure delivery with support from those channels
Leadership & Teamwork
- Take ownership of overall programme plan and work with key contributors to agree their contribution
- Provide leadership to resolve design and delivery issues
- Work within programme matrix structure to manage programme deliverables outside direct control and to appropriately influence priorities
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Work within existing Change Delivery governance, supplemented by programme specific governance as required
- Drive delivery of programme plans, provide regular status reporting to senior management and senior steering committees
- Identify, track and resolve issues, risks and dependencies for programme deliverables
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Subject matter expertise in creating project plans and relevant governance reporting documentation along with creating test plans and supporting UAT activities.
- Finance related knowledge gained from working within a Bank
- A proven ability to lead and deliver change.
- Excellent analysis skills, with ability to structure problems and find solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint)
- Ability to form effective relationships and influence decisions across Finance teams.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and change to a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to make robust/tough decisions which may be contrary to the business wishes and ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Member of a professional accounting body e.g. ACA, CPA.