Our client, a fast-paced Fintech company in the Financial Services sector serving consumers in corporate and government entities is looking for a Senior Officer - Data Quality.
The Data Quality Officer is responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and control of activities that apply quality management techniques to the company's data to assure it is fit for consumption and meets business needs. The Officer works closely with the data management team to align with the enterprise-wide data management strategy.
Key activities include developing and enforcing data quality metrics across all of the company's departments, ensuring update of documentation related to data quality, and maintenance of data quality tool.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
? Monitoring quality of overall data loads into the company's systems from data providers.
? Impacts of low data quality on most critical data elements in the company to be monitored and measured with predefined quality measures.
? Develop a governed approach to make data fit for purpose based on business requirements.
? Work within industry standards, requirements and specifications for data quality controls as part of data lifecycle.
? Implement process to measure, monitor and report on data quality levels. Will involve a high level of data extraction & profiling.
? Identify and advocate for opportunities to improve quality of data through process and system improvements.
? Execution of data quality initiatives and remediation of data, ensuring that all data in systems complies to quality standards.
? Collaborates with the Service Desk support team to resolve data quality issues with Root cause analysis (RCA)
? Deliver DQ strategy & framework with DQM procedures, DQ Governance reports, DQ SLA, policies & guidelines
? Support in data architecture, data operations, MDM and other data management activities in the department.
? Management of DQ dashboards and performance indicators to support DQ reporting.
? Identify & define high quality data, DQ strategy, Critical data, existing rules and patterns, prioritize issues, perform RCA, identify and prioritize improvements based on business impact,
? Develop DQ operational procedures, preventive & corrective actions. Maintain documentation and standards to successfully implement data quality as part of data processing and management activities.
? Manage data quality tool within the company's ecosystem, so all departments can implement data quality management over their data assets.
? Follow data quality KPI’s from the initial stages of data asset lifecycle which includes planning and design phase, considering onboarding, usage, and retention of data.
? Implement and manage DQ controls on new data assets with measuring and reporting performance against approved standards.
? Continuously assess and identify risks and areas of improvements such as reducing data redundancy and appropriate data reuse.
? Will lead all touch points with data providers and BAU activities which enable data to be consumed and used by the company's systems.
Experience and Knowledge
1. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in basic data management with knowledge of data quality.
knowledge of systems and processes in a financial services environment
2. Track record in IT/data performance management Required
3. Knowledge in credit bureau, banks, information services or technology-driven industries
4. Understanding of Microsoft Azure – Synapse, DataBricks
5. Knowledge with reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases (SQL etc), programming (ETL
frameworks) Advanced Excel, Power Bl – DAX
6. Experience with Data quality & reporting tools e.g. Informatica IDQ (preferred) or Azure DQS), Talend Data Fabric, Collibra etc.
Education and Skills
1. A degree or higher in engineering, technology or related field, you have a deep knowledge and understanding of end-to-end data processes.
2. Proficient in English.
3. Proficient in Arabic. Preferred
4. Excellent communication and presentation skills for all levels (vendor to data providers).
5. Strong Teamwork management skills.
6. Keen interest in technology and desire to learn business processes.