Our client a fast-paced FinTech Enterprise servicing consumers and Entities (Govt/Private) in the Financial Sector in the UAE is looking to hire a Senior Officer - Compliance.
Responsible for maintaining and updating the Compliance framework for the Company. The role includes monitoring of the implementation of internal and external Compliance requirements on the Company to ensure there are no
major gaps and effective controls are introduced on a timely basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Review and update the Compliance Framework to ensure it reflects all compliance requirements and practices as per international best practice.
• Develop the annual Compliance Review Plans and execute it on time. Must include reviews of all laws, bylaws, regulations, policies, frameworks, procedures, and operating standards.
• Develop compliance checklists for all internal and external requirements on the Company.
• Spearhead and help to design programs that improve compliance in environmental, ethical, and other areas.
• Ensure that all actions agreed to mitigate compliance findings are logged in the Actions Register. Regularly monitor and provide guidance on closing compliance findings on time in coordination with all employees assigned to these actions.
• Record and present summary outcome of findings and recommendations to Head of the function on a regular basis.
• Verify that all company policies and procedures are implemented.
• Review all Credit Information and related laws, bylaws and Central Bank regulations and develop a review checklist to report company compliance levels with all requirements.
• Perform any ad hoc reviews as assigned by the Head of function.
• Conduct Compliance awareness sessions for all employees at least 3 times each year to improve knowledge of compliance and awareness on compliance activities.
• Collaborate and coordinate with Legal, Internal Audit, and PMO functions to ensure compliance activities add value to overall strategy and is aligned with corporate roadmap and deliverables.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to identify compliance gaps against internal and external requirements
2. Proven track record in Compliance
3. Proven track record in maintaining and executing plans and projects
4. Knowledge in credit bureau, information services or technology-driven industries
5. Knowledge of audit, governance, and compliance
6. Proficient in English
7. Proficient in Arabic
8. Strong communication and able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
9. Results-oriented and always delivers on time
10. Self-starting personality with high degree of autonomy
11. Able to deal with varied tasks and to work under pressure to meet deadlines and targets
Education and Skills
1. Minimum experience of 2-3 years in the field of Compliance
2. Bachelor’s degree relevant to performing role described in job description
3. Professional industry certifications such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Information Systems Risk and Compliance Professional (CISRCP), or any other equivalent and recognized industry certification/qualification