Our client is now recruiting for a Senior Manager, Regulatory Reporting. You will be directly reporting to the Financial Controller MENAT
Based in Dubai, this is a backfill role for Senior Manager Regulatory Reporting in Finance for a period of nine months. The role holder will have exposure to senior management (UAE, Region and Group) and multiple internal and external stakeholders (including the Regional CFO/CRO, lines of business, Risk, Regulators and External Auditor). The purpose of the role is to produce, review and submit MENA regulatory reporting, including overseeing all aspects of regulatory reporting under various regimes (Group, DFSA and UAE CB). This includes Prudential Regulatory reporting including RWA reporting, delivering regulatory changes (both project based and BAU enhancements); and leading the engagement with senior stakeholders.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Produce, review and submit regulatory reporting for PRA, DFSA and UAE CB, both regular and adhoc request.
- Meet new regulatory reporting (Basel 3 Reforms, Stress Testing and other regulatory submissions) and implement system changes.
- Drive process reengineering to meet accelerated timelines and faster reporting.
- Identify RWA saves for the business to create capacity to grow assist and enhance the revenues.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Produce, review and submit granular level MI to business and other functions on the RWAs
- Support business on new business proposals.
- Provide all the necessary support to Risk and business on migrating the portfolio to obtain necessary approvals from the regulators.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Exhibit and drive a growth mind-set throughout the team, taking on new challenges to meet Finance’s overall objectives.
- Drive cohesion and deliver initiatives across Finance/the Bank
- Prioritize learning in order to build a sustainable team
- Ensure optimum utilization of the resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills for smooth co-ordination with various individuals at Group and with Regional Senior management team.
- Support the Global Finance efficiency agenda through location strategy, and stop/simplify/innovate initiatives
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Improve the level of efficiency and effectiveness by optimum utilization of best practice processes and systems.
- Ensure accuracy and data integrity in the end-to-end regulatory reporting process by introducing/ monitoring control checks at various stages of the process.
- Maintain strong compliance and control culture over all reporting, with no material issues.
- Rapidly evolving environment with regular developments and ad-hoc requests requiring attention to detail, quick turn-around and a growth mind-set to drive new and sustainable solutions with IT and other support functions.
- Heavy reliance on up-stream data and processes requiring an end-to-end understanding of processes and a strong control culture to ensure effective and efficient delivery.
- Implementation of Basel 3 reforms. Whilst a separate project workstream has been established, there will be a significant impact on BAU processes and this will be the responsibility of the lead.
- Multiple regulatory jurisdictions including country, region and Group each with unique rules, challenges and stakeholders
- High level of focus on RWAs from the business, ranging from new transitions, to optimization initiatives.
- This is a specialist role and requires the jobholder to possess a thorough understanding of Basel rules, CRDIV, CRR and other rules published by various regulators.
- The jobholder will need to work independently with minimal supervision in ensuring that all reporting requirements are completed within the required timelines.
- Direct engagement with global (GPOs: FRRR and RWA PC, B3 programme) and local (Regional CFO/CRO, business, ALCM, Analytics, Risk etc)
- Key Finance interface with the regional regulator (DFSA).
- Matrix reporting responsibilities (functional to the Global Process Owner and entity to the Regional FC).
Management of Risk
The jobholder will continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Subject matter expertise in Regulatory and RWA reporting with thorough understanding of Basel rules, CRDIV, CRR and other rules published by various regulators.
- Proven leadership capability with experience of creating, developing and leading teams
- A growth mind-set focussed on delivering effective and efficient solutions for the good of the Bank.
- Ability to form effective relationships and influence at the most senior level in the organization.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and change to a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of effectively working with regulators
- A proven ability to lead and deliver change.
- Ability to make robust/tough decisions which may be contrary to the business wishes and ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Member of a professional accounting body e.g. ACA, CPA.