Our client a fast-paced FinTech Enterprise servicing consumers and Entities (Govt/Private) in the Financial Sector in the UAE is looking to hire a Senior Manager - Ecommerce
To develop, improve and manage customer online sales and engagement on all company’s digital channels (Apps, portals, and APIs). This role will oversee growing ecommerce business to direct customers (individuals and companies), drive digital channels cohesion through unified user-driven design and engagement platforms and a streamlined digital adoption strategy.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead the Ecommerce vertical and its strategies.
• Prepare annual sales forecasts for all Direct to Customers (D2C) products in conjunction with Finance.
• Responsible for products revenue from direct customers (individual, company or third-party such as API).
• Build insight reports on customers and how to improve sales and engagement using data-driven methodologies.
• Prepare annual plans and targets for acquiring new and capitalizing on existing customers and monitor achievements on a monthly basis.
• Manage annual plans of expansions and monitor sales from all digital channels, products, customers, and third-party APIs.
• Monitor customer behaviour using analytical tools and insights and make recommendations on new opportunities such as cross-selling, education, alerts, etc.
• Design, develop and set objectives on improving e-commerce sales and its channels in coordination with Marketing and Data Analytics teams.
• Create and ensure a cohesive user experience interface and experience across all digital channels by ensuring technical teams deliver to optimal customer journeys.
• Coordinate with IT and development partners and to work closely with the Product Management team to ensure that business requirements, product design, user journeys and UX/UI interfaces are amongst the most intuitive and engaging of solutions.
• Act as the owner of the AECB’s products by developing business cases for all digital channels (new development or improvements) along with Product Management team who will set the priorities ensuring alignment with strategy and achievement of key strategic goals.
• Manage all vendors providing design, wireframe, and solutions developments from a visual and engagement perspective in order to build robust business requirement for technical implementation.
• Research and benchmark against global and regional with extensive service provisions through digital channels to ensure company offerings and future planning is cutting edge.
• Innovate and suggest new products to serve direct customers in the UAE and grow product and services portfolio of the company.
• Proactively engage with existing and vendors, peers and colleagues ensure common product understanding across the company and instill ecommerce mindset through other departments.
• Ensure that internal ERP/CRM systems and digital channels are optimized to serve business purposes and drive sales.
• Regularly report and update Chief of Department on ecommerce initiatives ensuring alignment within management committees whenever required.
• Work closely with Data Analytics to define scenarios whereby we can improve communication, sales, customer penetration, education and engagement around company products using our vast country-wide database.
• Support product management planning through data-driven analysis and insights.
• Support marketing and communications campaign planning through data-driven analysis and insights.
• Develop product pitches for all new digital channels to validate development requirements and increase adoption of company products within existing and potential new customers.
• Close-fitted coordination with IT Development to ensure technical development are aligned with ecommerce requirements by approving all User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Constantly analyse the potential of strategic, product and operational risks facing the company with regards to product management
• Design and implement section procedures to ensure clarity of responsibilities and workflows across departments
• Develop insightful and detailed presentations on business cases for ecommerce development for senior management and stakeholder reviews.
• Manage any additional business tasks assigned by Chief of Department.
Experience and Knowledge
1. Minimum of 8-10 years of solid experience in ecommerce and digital channels customer, customer journey, sales, and user experience/interface management.
2. Mid- Senior Managerial experience in leading and managing a team of vendors and developers.
3. Direct revenue and P&L accountability
4. Proven track record in online consumer sales and user management
5. Proven track record in executing strategies and delivering results.
6. Knowledge in Super Apps, Super portals or high-volume ecommerce transaction sites
7. Knowledge of technological applications in business environments.
8. Knowledge of consumer product design and development.
Education & Skills
1. Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field
2. Education specialization or master’s degree in business/ecommerce
3. Bilingual in English and Arabic
5. Strong leadership and project management skills
6. Excellent communication and presentation skills for all levels (Executive, Board and Public)
1. Able to lead independent team members and vendors.
2. Able to deal with varied tasks and to work under pressure to meet deadlines and targets.
3. Able to work effectively and responsibly without supervision.
4. Able to execute on clear strategies and corporate requirements.
5. Able to work in a start-up environment and can handle the unexpected with flexibility.
6. Capable of agile thinking.
7. Applies a structured and analytical approach to business challenges and solutions.
8. Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.