Our client a fast-paced FinTech Enterprise servicing consumers and Entities (Govt/Private) in the Financial Sector in the UAE is looking to hire a Senior Manager - Data Analytics.
The ideal candidate will lead analytics solutioning, design, build and implementation of custom reporting and analytics as per organizational needs. Should be able to understand business needs, translate them to analytical
requirements, build an appropriate solution suitable for consumption. As part of the data analytics team, this role will be the Business/Industry subject matter expert in fields like credit risk/portfolio management and strong in
statistical concepts leading advanced analytics in the organization.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Execution of strategic plans through managing the Data Analytics section, fostering a team-based culture, ensuring positive and collaborative interactions with colleagues and vendors to ensure the highest level of professionalism, efficiency, and productivity in meeting the company's day-to-day requirements.
Lead and develop a team of data analytics professionals.
Develop processes for effective data analysis and reporting.
Support business development function by extracting data to support their sales activities.
Prepare and manage all automated management dashboards using company provided tools such as PowerBI,
SAS, R, Python etc along-with delivering various projects on scorecard development and ad-hoc analytics.
Manage vendor analytics capacity and align output with organizational roadmap and business priorities.
Ensure vendors deliver as per SLA and agreements.
Develop Proof of Concepts for various clients and industries and prioritize in line with business objectives.
Manage all internal relationship relating to data analytics.
Lead the development/ implementation of new scores and indicators as per the company's Strategic Roadmap.
Liaise with internal stake holders to gather market needs and requirements, ultimately identifying new product development opportunities and generating new revenue streams.
Liaise with Business Development to approach new industries such as real estate, utilities, insurance to identify potential value that the company can bring through existing or new products and services.
Lead review sessions with Central Bank upon development /re-development of credit scores to ensure alignment with regulatory guidelines and implementation of feedback /recommendations.
Liaise with IT Operations to ensure Bl underlying data infrastructure constantly enables data analytics operations and is continuously improved to adopt new technologies and increase performance.
Develop, maintain, and continuously improve Analytical Reports, part of the company's product suite, in order to address growing subscribers, need and ultimately increase related revenue streams.
Act as a Project Manager of key initiatives related to implementation of new products and solutions and newly implemented analytical models, including vendor /stakeholders’ management, project timeline /milestones management, risk /issue management, weekly report, and steering committee preparation in liaison with PMO.
Manage data analytics vendors /consultants in appointed in the evolutionary maintenance and new development and implementation initiatives.
Coordinate with IT section heads and vendor managers to ensure relevant analytics solutions and services are promptly planned for and requested in line with PMO Office planning.
Assessment and design of business controls in line with corporate risk assessments to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and policies, maintain confidentiality and minimize impact and likelihood of risks on the organization.
Prepare progress packs and materials for Stakeholders, Management, Internal Committees and Board meeting preparations.
Analyse analytical models developed by vendors and test performance of new or upgraded products
Adhere to corporate-approved Data Analytics KPIs.
Lead the monitoring, validation, and re-development/ re-calibration of all existing credit bureau scores and indicators.
Develop annual budgetary requirements for data analytics and monitor section performance against defined targets.
Assist with reports and data extraction when needed and in accordance with data governance policies.
Set clear project, department, and individual objectives for all section team members with clear segregation of duties and role assignments to ensure data management responsibilities are always on target and enabled for future improvements.
Monitor team performance quarterly to ensure all objectives and assignments are fulfilled with satisfaction.
Comply with comprehensive enterprise information security review program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data is in line with applicable laws and regulations, company policies and information security and data governance frameworks.
Experience and Knowledge
1. Minimum of 10 years in data analytics tool and project management.
2. Expert in managing applications/systems in organizations using large enterprise systems.
3. Manage and develop all technical aspects of credit bureau products and services.
4. Expertise in developing credit risk scorecards and strategies using statistical and AI/ ML techniques.
5. Possess a high degree of analytical skills and high-level computer skills.
6. Experience in working in banking/ bureau/ financial services industry preferred
7. Proven Knowledge of analytical/statistical techniques and their applications.
8. Proven Knowledge of experience in SAS, R or Python and/or SPSS.
Education & Skills
1. Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field
2. Education specialization or master’s degree in business/ecommerce
3. Bilingual in English and Arabic
5. Strong leadership and project management skills
6. Excellent communication and presentation skills for all levels (Executive, Board and Public)
7. Influencing and Negotiation skills.
1. Able to lead a team and be a member of a leadership team.
2. Able to deal with varied tasks and to work under pressure to meet deadlines and targets.
3. Able to work effectively and responsibly without supervision.
4. Able to negotiate with all types of vendors.
5. Able to execute on clear strategies and corporate requirements.
6. Capable of agile thinking to provide fast, accurate answers to questions.
7. Applies a structured and analytical approach to problems.
9. Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
10. Demonstrates ability to manage change and foster teamwork