Our client is now recruiting for a Senior HRMS and MIS Officer
Job Purpose Summary:
- Responsible for the operational effectiveness of the automated HR systems, and the on-going support of Oracle HRMS/IPMD and other HR technology systems and applications.
- Key contributor to planning and testing system upgrades and changes and the creation of standard and/or specialised MIS HR reports
- Supports payroll, compensation and benefits, recruitment, salary administration, and the provision of statistical data and reports
- Maintain and monitor HC Budget, Business Plans, HC Projects update and follow-up and manage IPMD/system parameters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities by Dimensions:
A. Shareholder & Financial:
- Key contributor to the development and implementation of HRMS system and the analysis of business requirements.
- Plays key role in HRMS system improvements/ enhancements/ upgrades in coordination with IT & HC.
- Provides inputs in setting the budgets for HRMS and other electronic HR systems including system and software investment costs, licensing and system maintenance fees, upgrades/enhancements, system training.
- Prepares and provides relevant MIS reports covering Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for performance monitoring of HR Dept.
- Maintains Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Business Plan updates for HC projects.
- Assists in monitoring the HR budget in line with company’s budgetary control practices. Prepares regular HR Budget utilization MIS reports.
B. Customer (Internal & External):
- Maintains and updates the database on Organization structure and positions, using the company’s hierarchy and on a need basis corrects reporting lines and levels.
- Ensures staff and management requests with regards to HRMS system issues are attended to and are timely and accurately processed.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the compliance function, as and when required.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of other electronic HR processes such as OLM, i-Recruitment etc.
- Assists in the uploading of Divisional Business Plans on IPMD and updates progress on monthly basis.
- Provides accurate and timely HR MIS reports requested by business.
- At the instruction of the Head of HRMs & MIS works with IT dept to coordinate and monitor system development requests.
C. Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Maintains accuracy, consistency & security of information within the HR systems; reports process failure errors in order to ensure efficient and smooth human resources processes.
- Compiles statistical information and prepares reports related to manpower, turnover, payroll, recruiting, position classification, compensation, training, promotions history, position history, exit.
- Provides assistance with HRIS network maintenance by adding or deleting users and retaining system security.
- Serves as a functional and reporting expert to the HR Dept in matters relating to the HRMS system and data integrity, solving systems-related problems and recommends necessary system changes.
- Key contributor to the HR Dept automation projects by providing systems, administrative and research support.
- Ensures data integrity and accurate MIS reporting
- Provides inputs in the analysis and resolution of system problems, ensuring smooth implementation of updated versions, testing of changes, current documentation and assists in systems training for HR staff members.
- Ensures security of the HRMS and MIS systems and data protection requirements are complied with and monitored.
- Leads the technical analysis and issue resolution of HRIS system problem and data issues.
- Contributes to the design, planning, documentation, and implementation of process optimization.
- Reports violation of HR systems access to ensure data integrity and accuracy across various HR systems
- Supports the company’s Intranet portal (posts, updates and maintains HR content).
- Prepares progress reports against the HR Dashboard and HR KPIs.
- Supervises the preparation of HR MIS reports for Group divisions and depts.
- Assists in monitoring HR Projects and prepares project progress reports.
- Updates the IPMD system and ensures system functionality, stability, hierarchy and reporting accuracy.
- Assists the Head of HRMS to upload the IPMD PLB Matrices on an annual basis
- Prepares and distributes IPMD progress reports (Mid and End Yr)
- Maintains a log of HR staff access rights to the HR information system.
- Supports HR generalists and specialists with MIS and business planning data
- Assist in the mapping, standardization and automation of HR processes.
- Assists in the maintenance and operational efficiency of interfaces both intra- and inter-HR systems
D. Learning & Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools including word processing, and spreadsheet software, together with knowledge of database fundamentals and strong knowledge and demonstrated use of HR systems
- Possess good knowledge on HRMS administration and related risks together with a good knowledge of operations and related controls.
- Identifies and acts to enhance professional development
- Good knowledge of principles/practices of computer science and HRMS & MIS systems
- Knowledge of Reportnet, Access and/or other reporting tools
- Understands operational characteristics of installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of information systems
- Understands principles and practices of HRMS software troubleshooting
- Provides functional input to the technical team for data conversions, system extract and other custom designing processes.
- Demonstrates good research skills to stays up-to-date with new developments in HR technology.
Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard sensitive information:
- Employee related information and data
- HR Policy related information
- Payroll, compensation and benefits information
- Commercial information.
- University business graduate (specialization in Human Resources or IT is preferred).
- Experience with Oracle; SAP; People Soft
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience preferably with a local/Gulf bank entailing responsibilities regarding HRMs and MIS systems.
Required Special Skills:
- Full competency with HRMS applications and extensive knowledge of HR software.
- Ability to contribute to the work of cross-department teams engaged in HR system projects.
- Ability to set priorities, and deliver multiple data/ reports simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex HR and technology related documents.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion
- Advanced Microsoft applications: Excel; Access; Project; Vision; Outlook
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred).
- Strong analytical skills
Operating Environment/ Location:
- The referenced position will be based in Qatar and will involve liaison with the support functions at HO and International locations.
Framework and Boundaries:
- HR Operational plan.
- Budgetary targets.
- Applicable policies and procedures.
- Relevant regulatory pronouncements.
- Delegated and re-delegated authorities as per the delegation of authority structure.
- Instructions of the Head of HRMS & MIS and HR Dept Heads
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Liaise with:
- HR Divisional/Dept Heads
- HR Business Partners
- Group IT for HRMS related issues
- GCC for HR Web Portal issues