Our client is now recruiting for a Senior Consultant - Strategic Consulting or Engagement Manager- Dubai
We are looking for a dynamic, self-starter and highly motivated individual who would like to work in an intellectually & professionally challenging environment and can contribute to building up the Consulting and Analytics practice.
What we expect of you, day to day.
The Senior Managing Consultant has the responsibility to help grow and manage the Banking business for a Saudi Arabia Bank from Dubai and working closely with the Consulting head of the cluster. He/She will effectively manage a pipeline of engagements from early lead stages through to signature, project kick-off and delivery. These engagements will vary greatly in scope and value and, although the pipeline will be driven mainly by traditional bank card issuers, the SMC’s range will also encompass merchants, acquirers and processors; government entities; as well as new entrants and non-traditional players in the virtual and physical payments ecosystem.
He/she will report into the Head of Strategic Consulting to deliver projects for customers in the Banking domain as well as supporting our goals more broadly across the region.
• Built top-line growth strategy for leading banks
• Developed cross-sell program across a variety of customer segments in a leading bank
• Led commercial due diligence engagement for a global growth equity fund or Acquisition
• Manage multiple projects and achieved faster career progression
• Understand our customers’ business objectives, needs, plans with the broader Saudi Arabia Account Relationship Management Team and bring valuable insights
• Identify opportunities and potential for improvement to help customers in growing their business
• Develop and propose appropriate strategies and business solutions to the customers and manage the delivery of high quality consultancy engagements
• Management of internal and external project team members and gain consensus with others and coordinate team of consultants and subject matter experts around goal
• Surpass Customer Consulting and Analytics sales and revenue targets across the three markets and take a leading role in winning major Customer deal bids, including influencing network RFP decisions and cross-selling Customer value-added services
• Initiate and execute Thought Leadership projects on the future of payment and retail banking to our customers and partners
• Leverage Customer’s innovation, product and data capabilities to further grow our customers’ business by working together with the sales and product teams as well as the Customer Innovation and Data Sciences team
• Support Customer Consulting and Analytics practice development by developing skills, tools and innovative methodologies on personal and on team level
What we’re after…
• Demonstrated experience in strategy / management consulting; with proven project deliveries and expertise in consulting methodologies for Banks, Financial Servies, Payment Banks.
• Excellent analytical skill set with an ability to think strategically, ability to frame customer’s opportunity in financial terms, challenge the status quo, and provide recommendations
• Exposure to banking and/or Financial Service. Knowledge of payments in general, loyalty, co-branding, digital marketing, security and risk management, innovation and/or big data and analytics (preferred but not required)
• Project management skills are a key requirement given that this role involves managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders simultaneously
• Comprehensive knowledge of data analytics methodologies and tools and the use of data insights for business growth
• Excellent customer relationship management skills (on senior executive level and across all levels of an organisation) and ability to develop a credible point of view on a variety of industry topics, acting as a trusted advisor and show thought leadership
• Strong sales orientation, experience selling major projects/ideas to senior management
• Have an entrepreneurial approach and vision; proactive self-starter seeking initiatives to advance
• Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) including an ability to comprehend and convey complex technical information
• Strong Business Acumen and Business Analysis Skills (research and analyse market and customer information to tell a story)
• Technology/Digitally-savvy and an understanding of consumer economics/behaviour
• Curiosity & willingness to learn and develop as a professional
• Fluent in English (written & verbal) and ability to travel
• Arabic speaker will be preferred
• MBA or relevant graduate degree, or hold equivalent professional experience