Our client is now recruiting for a Senior Accountant
To process, coordinate, analyze and review financial data to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of all inputs/outputs, and to maintain compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP), IFRS, statutory financial and tax laws and corporate policies.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Process and maintain accounting records for entities/sub-regional offices and other system interfaces to ensure a high quality of accounting accuracy, timeliness of reporting and compliance to corporate policies, GAAP, SEC, local regulations and SOX requirements.
- Assist Controller to obtain, review, analyze and communicate financial and non-financial data and reports.
- Ensure transactions are captured, recorded, summarized and reported in compliance with policies & procedures, US GAAPs, IFRS, as well as statutory, corporate and tax requirements (as applicable).
- Assist Controller in his oversight role on the hub countries in respect of filing of timely and accurate local statutory financial statements ensuring compliance with local GAAPs. Ensure consistent treatment in line with Global policies. This includes knowledge and reconciliation of US to Local GAAP differences.
- Work closely with other team members in the Controllership space to assess requirements for change in processes and procedures. Initiate and propose procedural changes to enhance data quality and process flows.
- Drive efficiency through automation of business processes while leveraging company’s fully integrated accounting system.
- Drive projects as directed by line management.
- Assess financial impact of changes to accounting policies, processes and other parameters.
- Drive continuous efficiency and effectiveness in day-to-day activities.
- Work closely with business departments, Account Payable function, other finance functions and Operations Support team to assist in implementation of accounting policies and procedures to drive a higher quality of accounting inputs and resolve issues at the transaction source.
- Analyze executed business transactions to detect anomalies and non-compliances. Work with Continuous Control Monitoring Team (CCM) and other supporting functions to investigate, report and provide assistance to the business units to remediate issues and implement effective controls to avoid recurrence. Provide general oversight of internal control health-check.
- Work closely with the Controllers and other team members to address issues raised by auditors.
- Assist on Adhoc reports requested by the top management.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Ensure meeting accounting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and annual financial close. Quality of accounting records – compliant with corporate policies, GAAP, SEC and SOX. Accurate accounting of transactions – leading to minimum accounting adjustments/errors.
- Quality of supervision/advice given and effectiveness of the team in jointly producing the desired output. Be a role model to demonstrate efficient execution, constant enhancement, ownership core values.
- Good understanding of process work flow so as to define/solve problems and issues.
- Lead and operate with minimal supervision and make decisions based on acquired skills and knowledge.
- Effective communication with stakeholders to ensure consistent application of key accounting treatments.
- Excellent project management skills to drive various projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Effective communication and sharing of such requirements to business owners.
- Non-recurrence of audit issues.
- Timely and effective implementation of assigned projects/duties.
- Process Improvement
- Make decisions on appropriate accounting treatment for transactions in compliance with published policies and guidelines.
- Prioritize tasks within job function balancing the need to meet tight deadlines and other corporate demands.
- Initiate and implement process changes within assigned function to improve controls, productivity or quality of work output.
- Exercise good judgment to escalate issues to the manager along with recommended solution to resolve.
- Liaise and respond to queries from internal / external auditors, HQ and Hub finance and Tax with recommendations on action plans to resolve detected discrepancies.
- Review and/or process general ledger accounting records for assigned entities.
- Collection, review, summarization, analysis and reporting of financial and non-financial information.
- Assist on the consolidation process for CEMEA Financials.
- Reports to CEMEA Shared Service Director.
- Assist to coordinate and review the output of peers in the controllership space and other related functions.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in Accounting.
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA CPA or equivalent)
- Minimum 6 years of relevant post qualification experience (ideally in a multi-national publicly traded company)
- Hands on experience with US GAAP/IFRS and SEC/statutory requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work well in a fast paced and high volume environment
- Experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm is preferred
- Strong technical accounting skills, and experience researching and documenting accounting issues
- Conversant with integrated accounting applications – particularly Oracle
- Advance Microsoft office applications – Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint.
- Conceptual and working knowledge of financial database
- Knowledge of Oracle, Hyperion and other related tools
- Strong business ethics
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment