Our client is now recruiting for a Regulatory Reporting Transformation Project Manager
In this role, you will:
- Execute the Bank’s strategic change for the Global Business/Function.
- The role holder is a key member of the Transformation leadership team contributing to, defining and driving the future development of the Transformation organisation, operating strategy and capability requirements in line with industry best practice.
- The Programme Manager will lead the scoping and delivery of large scale complex global strategic change programmes with the business and through strategic delivery partners within their business/function.
- Be accountable for the timely delivery of programmes, adhering to company’s core frameworks (Change Framework, Agile).
- Be responsible for managing programme costs, headcount, risks and issues and will work with the business/function to ensure benefits are realised.
- Accountable for ensuring there are the right skills to deliver and that the performance of our strategic partners meets the necessary standards to deliver the required business/function change pipeline.
- Influence and collaborate with stakeholders and business partners, building strong relationships to ensure consensus and influence change outcomes. Foster open and honest communication which anticipates stakeholder expectations.
- Support regional / business / function leadership in managing and leading change in region/country/ business / function through deployment of priority programmes, and provide inputs in strategic change planning.
- Shape and structure the programme plan (which could be multi-country or cross business); review and refine resource requirements and engage with stakeholders to create buy-in for the plan.
- Provide key inputs in the delivery of highly complex and business critical change effort in accordance with existing industry best practices and methodologies, in the process establishing credibility for the Transformation team.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Outstanding knowledge of Transformation – technically, functionally, operationally and financially.
- Outstanding understanding of company’s Group structures, values, behaviours, processes and objectives.
- Strong knowledge of our Business Partners’ business models – i.e the customer proposition, channels and operations, and the key financial performance drivers.
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Executives across the group.
- Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural diverse work environments.
- Strong analytical background and proven ability in analytical rigor, including being able to contextualize data into business activities and conclusions.
- Proven ability in successfully designing and implementing large-scale, complex global / regional change initiatives.
- Evidence of successfully managing financial plans.
- Successful experience in developing and retaining critical talent and building an effective leadership team.
- Outstanding relationship management and influencing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills in order to cope with multiple large-scale responsibilities.
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex transformational initiatives.
- Ability to leverage resources available to achieve goals.
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Bachelor’s Degree is a minimum academic requirement for visa purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive large-scale transformational change in a large & complex organization.
- PMP – Required.
- Agile – Desirable.
- Prince2 – Desirable.