Our client is now recruiting for a Mechanical Technician. You will be reporting directly to the Mechanical Supervisor
To carry out maintenance, modification, overhauling and installation activities on the mechanical machinery in accordance with standard operating procedures, HSE guidelines and quality standards to attain effective functionality and reliability.
- Carry out required daily mechanical maintenance work and routine preventative mechanical maintenance work according to set schedules and company’s procedures to facilitate continuous operations.
- Monitor the physical condition of all machines in assigned plant and report non-conformances to Mechanical Supervisor to facilitate effective maintenance of all company’s facilities as per set Quality/ HSE standards.
- Respond to mechanical failures and implement corrective actions in adherence with procedures and guidelines to reduce downtime and maximize functionality of equipment.
- Trouble shoot using necessary tools and spare parts which include diagnosis, repairing and checking equipment for corrosion, cracks, leaks, failures and perform necessary routine repairs to facilitate uninterrupted operations and minimize downtime.
- Diagnose causes of mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment such as defective parts replacement, adjustment, alignment, oiling, greasing, and boiling and take corrective measures in collaboration with Mechanical Supervisor.
- Read and understand technical manuals, mechanical diagrams and machinery drawings and apply the knowledge to carry out maintenance and troubleshooting tasks, to prepare for the mechanical maintenance to machinery in the assigned area.
- Check the necessary stock levels of spare parts to support effective inventory control.
- Update the maintenance logbook and record details of work carried out including defaults, problems, various findings, and conditions of all machines to ensure timely availability of information and organised referencing.
- Contribute to the identification and implementation of change initiatives, programmes, and projects in line with the organisation’s standards.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
- Adhere to all relevant organisational and departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out to the required standard and in a consistent manner.
Health, Safety, Security & Environment
- Adhere to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental procedures, instructions, and controls so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
- Perform any other duties which the line manager may require to be carried out.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- A technical certificate / Associate’s Diploma in Mechanical maintenance.
- 3-5 years’ experience in mechanical maintenance as a technician in installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment and installations in a plant environment.
- Practical Knowledge of relevant plant equipment
- Practical knowledge of mechanical maintenance principles including but not limited to identification, classification, disposal of waste and emission monitoring
- Awareness of HSE & quality standards
- Teamwork and effective collaboration skills