- Acting as a MEA Consumer Health Finance Manager and subject matter expert, building long-term relationships and partnering with key business stakeholders.
- Building and managing forecasting and budgeting processes for expenses and headcount of designated CEMEA functions, ensuring business teams deliver timely and realistic financial projections that align with corporate strategy and priorities.
- Contributing to the development and communication of insights and risks that relate to forecasts, budgets and performance against targets, challenging assumptions where required.
- Independently coordinating and executing variance analysis and outlining contributing factors. Performing monthly close variance analysis with emphasis on communicating business implications, drawing on finance policies, procedures, forecasts and budgets to support alignment of functional teams’ actuals to their submitted forecasts.
- Managing and developing reporting processes through a process of continuous improvement to provide advice and shape spending plans, including re-prioritizing funding as required in response to changing business conditions.
- Providing insight and opinion based on financial experience, contributing significant value-add to the long term strategic plans of designated functions.
- Advocating for best practice and providing appropriate advice on financial topics, including but not limited to accounting policies and compliance requirements, ensuring efficient and accurate spending by business functions.
- Educating and supporting function leaders, highlighting both financial and commercial implications of their decisions.
- Operating with an optimistic, solution focused mindset, to help business and global stakeholders resolve ongoing complex finance problems, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Presenting results to key business and finance stakeholders at regional and global levels, lending insight to the driving factors behind numbers, allowing strategic decision making processes to be established and operated based on reliable data and analytics.
- Utilizing appropriate systems and technologies to support finance and business objectives in both business as usual and project environments.
- Providing coaching and guidance to team members, acting in a mentoring capacity to those developing in their roles.
Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a financial analysis capacity.
- Core finance skillset, capable of demonstrating experience with complex financial projects, preferably in a multinational corporation environment.
- Exposure to Pharmaceuticals or Similar industry
· University level of education, preferably a Bachelor degree in Finance and Accounting.
- Analytical, quantitative, problem solving skills, able to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses. Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy and quality of output.
- Ability work effectively within a diverse team, as well as independently with limited guidance, producing time sensitive deliverables. Able to work cross functionally, geographically and with virtual teams while promoting a culture of openness, trust and flexibility
- Curious mind set and self-starter;
- Excellent business acumen, with a commercial mind-set. Target and delivery focused.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to simplify complex issues to answer business questions and communicate implications within a matrix reporting structure.
- Excellent use of business English, both written and spoken, capable of presenting results and strategies and able to influence peers and senior stakeholders to drive outcome and decision making processes.
- Ability to develop SMART goals across both immediate and long term timelines, which are both challenging and attainable.
- Expert level with Microsoft applications, especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint. Knowledge of Hyperion is preferable.
- Practical knowledge of US GAAP.