Our client is now recruiting for a Lead Supplier Quality Engineer.
This is a contract staffing role under Manpower
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Responsible for developing comprehensive quality assurance plan and quality control for the commodities procured for upstream O&G and various water and waste water treatment projects. Commodities include fabricated tanks, Pressure vessels, heat exchanges, piping, skids, Valves, Pumps, Blowers, and Instruments etc.
- Responsible for new supplier quality compliance audits and qualifications. EHS compliance for new as well as current supplier base. Conduct regular Supplier Surveillance, process and product audit and capacity & compliance audits.
- Responsible for current supplier quality process improvement and development
- Responsible for the supplier quality issues, managing the suppliers to meet/exceed company’s quality requirements, solving product quality issues through RCA and instill Corrective & Preventive measures, seamlessly communicating to cross-functional teams
- Building up effective and solid communication channels with suppliers as well as company’s cross-functional team to ensure quality, on-time execution and delivery of equipment’s with value additions.
- Proactively looking for material cost out opportunities, developing supplier productivity, supporting on time delivery fulfillment by partnering with Engineering and project team.
- Willing to travel ~50% of work time for various domestic and international locations.
- Drive NCR and Support COQ recovery from the suppliers
- Ideal candidate will have a 14–18 years bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (preferably mechanical engineering) with a minimum 12 years of vendor QA/QC experience or a three year technical diploma with a minimum of 20 years of experience in supplier quality.
- Experience in Quality assurance and Quality control of fabricated components like Pressure vessels, storage tanks, piping, Skids, Heat exchangers of MOC viz., CS, SS, Exotic materials like Ti, 254 SMO, Super Duplex Stainless Steels, High Nickel Alloys etc.
- Shall have thorough knowledge on codes and standards like ASME, AWWA, ASNT, API, CSWIP 3.1 Level 2 , NACE, IS, DIN, BS, etc
- Shall have sound knowledge on various metallurgies like SS, Duplex, super duplex, Titanium etc.
- Shall have knowledge and experience in critical processes like welding, heat treatment, cladding, NDT, Painting etc.
- Shall have expertise on inspecting Surface preparation and coating, Rubber lining, FRP Equipment’s & components, PVC, PP, PE piping System etc.
- Fluency in English (Spoken & Written).
- Candidates shall have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and interact with customers and suppliers on a technical level.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings and be able to effectively communicate drawing requirements into practical applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified or Experience.
- Essential to have Welding inspector certification, NDT Level II certification in Dye Penetration test, Radiography test, Ultrasonic Test, Magnetic Particle Inspection.
- Essential to have hands on exposure in upstream O&G and Water & Waste water treatment commodities
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management Systems and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- Essential to have working experience in Power, Petrochemical, O&G multinational companies.