Our client is now recruiting for a GL Accountant. You will be reporting directly to the Accounting Manager
6 months contract
Responsible for the preparation of the financial statements of for the CEMEA Region ensuring adherence with Local IFRS and US GAAP. In charge of the financial results´ foreign currency analysis between local currency and US dollars. Responsible for gathering the cost center certifications, the preparation of all federal and local tax filings, the transfer pricing calculations and reports, adherence to all distributed accounting policies and Anti-bribery (FCPA) controls related to the Financial Accounting Close.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Process and maintain accounting records for business units/sub-regional offices and other system interfaces to ensure a high quality of accounting accuracy, timeliness of reporting and compliance to corporate policies, GAAP, SEC and SOX requirements.
- Assist CEMEA Accounting Manager to obtain, review, analyze and communicate financial and non-financial data and reports.
- Ensure transactions are captured, recorded, summarized and reported in compliance with policies & procedures, US GAAPs, IFRS, as well as statutory, corporate and tax requirements (as applicable).
- Responsible for the financial statement preparation both under US GAAP and Local IFRS including the
- Preparation of journal entries, accruals, prepayments, deferrals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for the supervision of the fixed assets of CEMEA along with the related depreciation/amortization and reporting schedules for both financial and tax records.
- Executes the re-measurement analysis from local currency to US currency by adhering to FASB 52
- Responsible for the preparation of federal and local taxes along with the required tax reporting deliverables
- Manages the cost center certification process for the multiple cost centers in the region and ensures timely submission to Corporate
- Ensures compliance with existing and new accounting policies for both US GAAP and local IFRS including specific materiality thresholds used in the region
- Responsible for the FCPA and SOX controls for the financial accounting close
- Reviews and validates the petty cash reimbursements by ensuring proper segregation of duties.
- Responsible for the transfer pricing calculations Inter Company Settlements.
- Assisting GL team in uploading journals and extracts reports for analysis.
- Participation in special projects. Identify any potential financial related risk areas and provide sound recommendations and solutions to the company for mitigation of the identified risk.
- Handle ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Management
- Handle the I-Procurement process form Accounting point of view and coordinate with stakeholders.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Meet accounting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and annual financial close.
- Quality of accounting records – compliant with corporate policies, GAAP, SEC and SOX.
- Accurate accounting of transactions - Leading to minimum accounting adjustments/errors and no repeat-audit points.
- Unusual items are properly identified, surfaced and resolved promptly.
- Ability to define/solve end-to-end problems and issues; timely and accurate processing of data/information through the systems.
- Quality of supervision/advice given and effectiveness of the team in jointly producing the desired output. Be a role model to demonstrate efficient execution, constant enhancement, ownership core values.
- Any adhoc tasks assigned by the manager.
- Make decisions on appropriate accounting treatment for transactions in compliance with published policies and guidelines.
- Prioritize tasks within job function balancing the need to meet tight deadlines and other corporate demands.
- Initiate and implement process changes within assigned function to improve controls, productivity or quality of work output.
- Exercise good judgment to escalate issues to the manager along with recommended solution to resolve.
- Liaise and respond to queries from internal / external auditors, HQ finance and Tax with recommendations on action plans to resolve detected discrepancies.
- Review and/or process general ledger accounting records for CEMEA entities.
- Collection, review, summarization, analysis and reporting of financial and non-financial information for CEMEA geography.