- Enable smooth running of all financial aspects of the Institute and implement appropriate controls over incoming & outgoing transactions.
- Maintain executive responsibility for financial operations, including working capital, capital expenditures, debt levels, budget, cost centers and general accounting.
- Establish and maintain stable cash flow management policies and procedures, and ensure cash resources are available for operations.
- Analyze current and future business operations and plans to determine financial effectiveness.
- Ensure management is supplied with information to assist in the operations of the Institute.
- Ensure finance staff understand the changing needs of the Institute.
- Ensure compliance with shareholders requirement.
- Manage Audit.
- Monitor the student fees ledger ensuring fee records are accurately maintained.
- Liaise will all Schools and departmental Heads on all matters relating to budgetary control.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors on all audit matters and assisting the VP/President to implement audit recommendations.
- Review and analyze daily revenue statements.
- Review and analyze month end financials and other monthly financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Develop plans and strategies for the optimum development and use of Institute’s financial resources.
- To consider, study, and review all matters pertaining to the financial operations of the Institute and to make recommendations to the Management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters in Accounting
- Professional Accounting and Finance Certification
- 5+ years of experience in senior managerial financial role
- Experience in management reporting
- Knowledge and experience of working in an School/ University environment is an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical and practical skills in financial controlling
- Skills in forecasting, budgeting and analysis of variance
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Bookkeeping skills