Our client is now recruiting for a Field Operator- Power Block. You will be reporting directly to the Shift Supervisor
Responsible for performing operation and monitoring of equipment in field, isolation and preparation of them for maintenance activities and normalization of them after these are completed, or some basic maintenance tasks, among others, in accordance with operating procedures and HSE guidelines and in coordination and following instructions from Control Room Operators and Shift Supervisors.
Health, Safety, Security & Environment
- Adhere to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental procedures, instructions, and controls so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
Operation and Maintenance
- Participate in plant start-up and commissioning activities, raise punch list items and warranty claims as appropriate. Attend training programme sessions. Learn, support and assist in the continuous improvement of HSSEQ policies and procedures.
- Communicate with Control Room Operators and take care of the operations in field of all plant equipment such as turbines, pumps, compressors, valves, filters, etc.
- Perform regular rounds for the monitoring of equipment condition, recording operational data, and reporting abnormalities and taken actions as required.
- Perform isolation/preparation and later normalization of equipment for maintenance activities and in line with PTW and LOTO procedures.
- Liaise with maintenance to ensure maintenance activities are done as planned.
- Take care of some basic maintenance activities as required.
- Apply operating procedures and participate in their improvement.
- Monitor sub-contractors’ activities to ensure safety is prioritized.
- Take appropriate actions in coordination with Control Room Operators and Shift Supervisor in case of emergency.
- Receive firefighting training based on fire fighting and emergency training program and act as per the role assigned in the Emergency Response Plan.
- Minimize operation cost.
- Other duties as required by the Shift Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or Technical Certificate. Bachelor’s in engineering is recommended.
- Proven experience in the O&M of power plants (except for “fresh” operators).
- Operation control and monitoring.
- Critical thinking. Use logic and reasoning to identify alternatives solutions to problems.
- Speaking. Talking to others to exchange information effectively.
- Active listening.
- Reading comprehension.
- Teamwork and effective collaboration