The Electrical Engineer must have at least 10 years’ experience in the field of shipbuilding and/or maintenance on board (preferably military vessels); he/she is responsible for supervising and/or carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance activities on board, related to low and medium voltage electrical systems, as well as automation systems.
In addition, he/she must be able to carry out minor electrical work, repairs, disassembling/assembling, failure analysis and troubleshooting, etc.
Activities & Responsibilities
• supervise and coordinate the crew in the correct execution of preventive and corrective maintenance activities;
• carry out preventive and corrective maintenance not falling under on-board crew responsibility;
• provide support to the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for preventive and corrective maintenance, not falling under the on-board crew responsibility;
• perform the activities necessary for the resolution of warranty claims and ensure the correct execution and resolution;
• verify compliance with contractual and safety regulations.
• Diploma or degree required
• Fluency in English, Arabic not mandatory but could be a plus
• A former military experience (Navy) or an experience onboard merchant or cruise ships are considered as a plus