The ideal Director of Agronomy is a knowledgeable and experienced agronomist who is committed to continuous improvement and innovation to develop indoor growing processes, advance the indoor farming industry, and solve produce supply chain challenges. In this unique and innovative role, you will:
• Lead the way for the company by conducting research and development activities related to growing produce indoors and controlled environment facility inspections.
• Take samples, make observations, and perform various tests. • Keep detailed records of experimental work and data.
• Identify and solve problems related to plant nutrition and crop management.
• Be responsible for training and managing team of agronomists, ensuring high quality standards are achieved. To be successful in this role, you should be self-motivated; detail-oriented; experienced with data analytics and practical research in indoor farming environments; demonstrate excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills. Key Responsibilities
• Lead the agronomic development within the company.
• Lead the company’s internal R&D agronomy projects.
Research, develop, and promote indoor farming practices or products to continuously improve crop yield and help company’s customers build reliable, climate-resilient, and eco-friendly food systems.
• Visit site operations to oversee facility production processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and oversee testing of samples.
• Keep detailed records regarding location production, crops, and samples.
• Generate reports and present findings to management, clients or other interested parties.
• Promote products and techniques through educational presentations.
• Manage team of agronomists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
• Training and onsite oversight of multiple locations.
Key Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy.
• Professional agronomist certification would be an advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience.
• Profound experience with indoor growing environments.
• Extensive experience with data analytics and research. • Demonstrated familiarity of industry trends, technology, and development.
• Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, problem-solving, active listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Readiness for intense physical activities.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite and diagnostic scientific software.
• Team leader experience would be an advantage.