Purpose of the Role:
Manage and support all elements of the Compliance Program in the Middle East and Africa region including distributor markets. The role involves providing advice and support to all business units on compliance issues, ensuring compliance with all applicable Principles of Integrity, Policies and SOPs and industry regulations, conducting training and education on relevant compliance matters, as well as assessing and managing compliance risks, and responding to the compliance needs of the organization.
• Provides clear, operational, and accurate advice and support to Commercial team of Gulf Eastern Mediterranean (GEM), Saudi Arabia, and South Africa.
• Works with and consults with other functions to ensure that the steadfast commitment to quality, integrity, compliance, and uncompromising ethics occurs throughout the organization.
• Proactively identifies and mitigates potential Compliance risks. Monitors developments in relevant regulations and codes and proactively assesses and advises of potential effects and opportunities.
• Works and consults with members of the Regulatory, Finance, Human Resources and Business Control Function teams on compliance related matters and works with the business to implement action items, as necessary.
• Supports the Compliance programs at country level.
• Review of procedural documents, including identifying opportunities for simplification.
• Supports the Head of Compliance & Ethics on activities related with the compliance committees.
• Identifies the need for training and communications based on local compliance needs and requirements and provides support for the implementation and delivery of compliance related training, as necessary.
• Supports the development and execution of monitoring plan.
• Collaborates with the business to enhance the compliance culture, the focus on personal integrity and setting the right tone from the leadership.
• Participates in due diligence, monitoring and training for third party distributors.
• Participates in periodic internal compliance audits and assists in the execution of audit follow-up actions.
• Supports the compliance program in its overall fulfilment of expectations of US-headquartered pharmaceutical companies.
• Continually assess compliance program through the review of relevant data.
• Qualified lawyer, accountant, business administration, or similar
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Arabic is preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
• Minimum 5 years of professional qualified experience. Experience working with third-party distributors in healthcare industry and/or working in a law/auditing firm a plus.
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry practices and global anti-bribery laws is highly preferred. Prior compliance, investigations, analytic and/or auditing and monitoring experience is preferred.
• Compliance program experience or experience working in a regulated function (e.g., Audit, Finance, Law, Medical Affairs, and Regulatory) is preferred.
• Conducts himself/herself with the highest standards of professional ethics and integrity.
• Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills, with attention to detail and impact on broader organization.
• Demonstrates fundamental knowledge and understanding of industry regulations and culture in MEA market.
• Ability to communicate accurate, clear and concise advice with diplomacy and conviction, anticipating the expected level of detail, and preparing for potential follow-up questions.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Takes ownership and responsibility for work.