We are looking for a Buyer that will be inserted in the “Procurement Dept.” who will be dedicated to the life cycle management of naval vessels
The resource, based in Doha, will be the focal point for the purchasing of materials and services that meet the needs of the In Service Support (ISS) Program after vessels delivery.
Activities and Responsibilities
The Buyer, reporting to the Chief of Procurement, will have the responsibility of sourcing suppliers aligned with the Program needs and negotiating contracts with them.
In particular, he will be responsible for the following activities:
• To define the strategies of supplier management and to strengthen the scouting process, in order to optimize the choices and to improve the competitiveness and the quality of products and services;
• To process purchase orders, develops bid and proposals and successfully conduct negotiations meeting the target requirements;
• To negotiate service and supply agreements with vendors;
• To manage order and contract changes;
• To liaise with the back office and other departments for continuous improvement;
The role provides daily external relations with suppliers and internal relations with the Program Manager and the Naval Vessels Procurement Department.
• A Bachelor or Masters' Degree in the Engineering or Economics;
• Strong background in Procurement (+5 yrs), preferably in shipbuilding and naval industries;
• Strong knowledge of Qatari market and suppliers;
• Knowledge of SAP and Office programs;
• Communicational skills to manage relations both with the suppliers (external) and the other department of the Company (internal);
• Planning abilities in order to ensure the targets;
• Analytical and proactive approach and negotiation oriented mindset;
• Ability to work in team in an international environment;
• Fluent knowledge of English (both speaking and writing);
• Arabic knowledge (both speaking and writing) is not mandatory but is considered as a plus.