Backend Python Team Lead
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Our client is an independent trading firm that has been established for 5 years.
They specialize in the trading of wholesale electricity markets across Europe. They make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country and growing every day. Technology and risk management form the backbone of their business.
They are building one of the most advanced European electricity trading and analytics platform, with the technology being used by their team of commercial traders to create significant value. Being a Senior Back-end developer you will work on large-scale data processing, automation, and analytics.
If you have excellent programming skills, a passion for developing/improving applications utilizing cutting edge technologies, and strong leadership skills, then we would like to meet you.
What we offer in this role
- Competitive remuneration, with fast progression for strong performers.
- A challenging but exciting, open, and fun work environment.
- An opportunity to work with remarkably talented colleagues.
- Vast growth potential in every aspect.
- Performance based bonus.
- Employee share scheme participation
- International relocation support
- Opportunity to be embedded within a commercial team for those with strong commercial interest
- Take full ownership of all project stages from business requirements gathering to product delivery
- Responsible for end-to-end planning of the project including resources, sprints, milestones, timeline, and deadlines
- Take the initiative to report and resolve any bottlenecks or issues related to the projects & members they are managing autonomously
- Assist substantially in designing, documenting, and sharing/discussing the project architecture with the team.
- Own and shape our best practices & processes and improve/optimize them to ensure they are up to standards
- Ensure our best development practices are being followed by the dev team and report any findings or red flags
- Own the technical implementation of the project they are handling and ensure that project is on track, deadlines are met, and progress/bottlenecks is communicated to management
- Strong focus on Code Quality thorough conducting project code reviews on frequent basis and integrating the needed optimizations and changes
- Prepare, review, and own the technical documentation of his/her projects
- Mentor & Coach Junior team members and their project colleagues
- Manage small teams of developers
- BS degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering Masters is a plus
- 7+ years of work experience in Python
- 2+ years of work experience as a Senior Python Back-end Developer
- 1+ years of work experience as a Tech Lead
- 2+ years of work experience leading small teams
- 2+ years of experience in Python Frameworks (Flask or Django)
- 3+ years of experience in developing REST APIs
- 3+ years of work-experience using AWS cloud and its resources/services
- AWS certificates are a big plus
- Processing, storing, and managing Real-time data of large volume is a big plus
- Strong design and architecture skills
- Strong coding skills with strong competencies in data structures and algorithms
- Strong work-experience in Relational Databases including PostgreSQL
- 2+ years of work-experience in non-relational databases including Timeseries Db
- Previous experience in automated testing tools including unit testing & UI testing
- Strong knowledge in DevOps, CI/CD, Docker containers
- Experience with Scrum/Agile Development methodologies
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time