Job Description: Clients Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Our systems improve the efficiency of medical records coding to outlining success in value-based care and healthcare analytics.
Our Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) solutions contribute to provide a complete, accurate clinical story that supports patient care, quality outcomes, compliance risk management and revenue integrity, using Natural Language Understanding (NLU) technology to analyze clinical texts and embed proactive clinical intelligence into front-end electronic health record and back-end CDI workflows.
The NLU Content Analyst will be responsible for supporting, maintaining, and monitoring the results and performance of our Natural Language Understanding-based clinical products, working together with the NLU Development team and the NLU Content team to ensure quality.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Detecting, analyzing, and solving issues within NLU markup and CDI alerts
• Work with software architects, software engineers, quality engineers, content specialists and other team members to help on debugging and fixing required systems
• Interact with customers to resolve operational problems and determine requirements for NLU enhancements
• Communicating status with management
• Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards, complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with Clients’s values and ethical standards.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, Client requires the following minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computational Linguistics or equivalent from an accredited university or higher from an accredited institution, or work experience in software development in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree education requirement
• Relevant work experience in Software Engineering
• Background in Computational Linguistics
• Analytic mindset
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Fluent Language skills in English
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
• Background in clinical and health systems and projects
• Experience with Java
• Experience with XML and/or other mark-up languages
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Experience writing automated tests