Our client is now recruiting for an Expediter
This is a contract staffing role under Manpower
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Responsible for expediting various commodities procured for upstream O&G and various water and waste water treatment projects. Commodities include fabricated tanks, Pressure vessels, heat exchanges, piping, skids, Valves, Pumps, Blowers, skid mounted equipments and Instruments etc.
- Responsible for coordinate with project, logistic and sourcing team and closely follow up with supplier from end to end for expediting of euipments, processes etc to meet the project time line.
- Responsible in identifying any gaps proactively at supplier for the execution at different levels and discussion with supplier for alternate plan to meet the project time line.
- Building up effective and solid communication channels with suppliers as well as company’s cross-functional team to ensure on time delivery of equipment’s with value additions.
- Proactively looking for material cost out opportunities, developing supplier productivity, supporting on time delivery fulfillment by partnering with Engineering and project team.
- Willing to travel ~50% of work time for various domestic and international locations.
- Ideal candidate will have min 10 years bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (preferably mechanical engineering) with a minimum 5 years of vendor follow up, expediting of different commodity equipments essentially fabrication of pressure vessels, skids, heat exchangers, tanks, rotating equipments, pumps, valves, pipes and fittings and different process of manufacturing.
- Experience in inspection is an added advantage and have knowledge on different metallurgy and process like Ti, 254 SMO, Super Duplex Stainless Steels, High Nickel Alloys etc. and process like rubber lining, cladding, painting, welding, NDT etc.
- Shall have working knowledge in estimating the time period of different manufacturing process, challenges and identifying alternate way to mitigate the risk of delay in execution.
- Fluency in English (Spoken & Written).
- Candidates shall have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and interact with customers and suppliers on a technical level.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings and be able to effectively communicate requirements into practical applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Conversant in MS Office.
- Essential to have hands on exposure in upstream O&G and Water & Waste water treatment commodities
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management Systems and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- Essential to have working experience in Power, Petrochemical, O&G multinational companies.