Procurement Specialist / Acquisition Specialist - 11 mths contract
Job description - TEMPORARY POSITION:
Client's infrastructure needs go far beyond server computers. As Client's products and services scale the globe, the Strategic Negotiation team works behind the scenes to secure infrastructure for Client's future -- everything from underwater cables to physical data center space. As an Acquisition TPM , you combine your telecom knowledge and your program management skills in order to secure the right assets, at the right time at the right cost for the Client network. You'll work with specific project teams on negotiating deals, managing vendor and partner relationships and presenting deal recommendations to our Tech leadership. Your successful negotiations have the potential to save Client millions of dollars in operating costs and impact every part of the business.
As an Acquisition TPM, you'll work with internal teams to oversee vendor and partner relationships. You'll ensure that we plan, negotiate and execute, high-quality agreements with our suppliers, working closely with our planning, negotiation and delivery team.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
Acquisition TPM will :
- Go to market to secure defined netowrk assets based on guidance provided by negotiators and planners.
- Ensure that the orders secured with vendors are providing Client with the right assets, at the right time and at the right cost.
- Execute established processes with regards to network acquisitions, drive projects with defined scope and complexity.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in determining appropriate steps.
- Demonstrate traits and attributes of a technical program manager: organized, detail oriented, and great communication skills.
- Basic project management skills such as project planning, status reporting, timeline estimation, issue tracking, meeting facilitation, and process documentation
Mandatory- BE/BTech degree or equivalent experience in Computer science with a strong academic record (MBA a plus).
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
- 5 years of experience in Technical Program Management in Telecommunications, Network Acquisition or Network Planning.
Desired- Experience with connectivity providers and network vendors in the Middle East would be a real plus.